Saturday, November 24, 2012

Sleep, Othello, Vacation

Hey everyone!!

- I hope you all had a peaceful and joyful Thanksgiving. Mine was pretty good. We just had a nice family dinner and watched the parade in the morning.
- I've been enjoying sleeping in the past couple of days. This semester has been super intense, and I still have a month of intensity left. Ayyy...Gotta keep the faith. 
- Recently, my mom has been complaining that we haven't had a "girls' day" in the longest time, which is true. I'm looking forward to the time after finals when we can actually hang out and have "mommy and me" time. haha.
- I started reading "Othello" this week. My mom read it when she was in college so I've known about the tragic plot since I was a kid. But it's cool to be able to read it on my own and experience the beauty of the language. The play touches on so many issues that are still relevant today. Ideas of power, language, social class, race, gender... everything is seen in this play.

Sleep, do homework, hang with a friend, laugh, eat, be merry. (not necessarily in that order)

S.

Quote of the Week:

“Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for.” 
Epicurus

No comments:

Post a Comment