Friday, November 23, 2012

Asian Thanksgiving or American? Why Not Both

I hope everyone's had a wonder Thanksgiving and had their fill of turkey and mashed potato for the year to come (or the next month if it's not the end of the world). I definitely had my fill, from eating at my friend's house to having a family dinner at home.

This was not the normal Thanksgiving for me. It was the first time I had Thanksgiving dinner anywhere else but home. I wouldn't have eaten dinner at her house if it weren't for her parents insisting. This was also the first time I had a fusion of Asian-American Thanksgiving dinner. Even though I'm purely Chinese, my family cooks all Italian and American this time every year. At my friend's house, we had Peking turkey. We ate it exactly how we would eat Peking duck, with the white buns and seafood sauce, except it was a turkey. It was so delicious! It wasn't as bad as I thought because it was their first time making it too.

After that dinner, I rushed home for mine but I was already too late. I thought I would get a scolding but thankfully I was able to shove down a few spoonfuls of eggplant parm to cool my grandma's temper. I literally went into a food coma after that because it was only around 8 when I knocked out. Good thing there's plenty of leftovers for me to eat since I didn't get my to taste most of my family's and my hard work.

No comments:

Post a Comment