Tuesday, November 20, 2012

central park and the macaulay building!

Hey guys!

I hope everyone's almost back to normal after the storm(s) and doing well =]  I hope no one else got caught in that snowstorm like I did!  Freezing cold weather + snow + waiting for buses and trains + delayed service = Numb fingers and toes and a horrible evening.  It freaked me out because all of a sudden, it was winter!  (And I don't really like the snow too much.)  Luckily, the weather's calmed down a bit since then; it's been pretty nice =]

So in the meantime, I've been trying to keep up with my work and I feel I've been doing a pretty good job with it.  I can't believe it's only a month until the end of the semester!  But I feel like I have a pretty good handle on my current assignments and I feel I'm organized so that none of the final papers can sneak up on me!  I've even gone to the Macaulay building twice in the past week to study.

Last year, although I loved the building, I only really went there for the Common Events.  I felt like it was out of the way--I might as well study at home or at Hunter.  But lately, Hunter has been wayyy overcrowded (which means, more crowded than the usual crowded) because all Brookdale classes had to be relocated there.  So one morning, when my first class had been canceled, I decided to try to get some work done there.  And it worked out!  There were some other students there for class, but when they left, the lounge was quiet.  There were a few events going on as well--I don't realize how much they do there sometimes.  Plus, I got to walk through Central Park on my way there!  It was a little after 10, so the Park was quiet, I wasn't in a rush, and it was so beautiful.  I think I fulfilled my obligatory cool air, crunchy leaves, Fall walk =P  I highly recommend it.

I went back to the Macaulay building again today and again, got a nice amount of my work accomplished!  Annnd I found a nice route directly from Hunter to Macaulay, and it only takes 20 minutes.  So hopefully, I will be using that space more often in the future.  I definitely credit it with helping me to get all my work done this week!

Now, if only I could figure out what to do about registration…

but that's for my next post!

The AM had a parade map cover on Monday and I saw the bleachers set up on Central Park West today!  That really put me in a holiday mood…I can't wait!  So with that, I wish you all a happy and healthy Thanksgiving! =]

G.





No comments:

Post a Comment