Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Why Life Began To Crumble

Life began to crumble at approximately 12:26 pm today, on November 27th, 2012, as the lady in the USG office confidently told me that there was, in fact, no hot water for hot chocolate or tea left. Not   even   in   the    back   room. (The magical back room. Where they have an abundance of magical things. Like tea bags, or their endless supply of hot chocolate. And now, their ending supply of hot water.)
Why Life Began To Crumble:
-This Sunday I spent the day outside, walking around Jamaica Estates, and Hillside, for our seminar project (on food accessibility. It is pretty interesting, and we got to make a short video on bananas. Totally not bad at all.) All of this would have been quite fine, except that it was so cold that it felt like death. I felt like death. The cold WAS death. You get the point.
-Today, it was supposed to snow, and it's also cold. And as I miserably left the USG room a blast of freezing wind hit me. It was all very sad.
-One of my best friends just read the first line of this entry and yelled at me saying that I did not have enough of a life for it to crumble yet. She is a very good person and one of the best friends I could ask for. And she was totally right, but I'm going to add this to my list of Why Life Began To Crumble.
-I HAVE TO APPLY FOR THIS STUDENT VISA TO GO TO INDIA AND IT'S FREAKING ME OUT BECAUSE IT'S REALLY ANNOYING TO DO. Ok, it's not THAT difficult, but I've never done it before and I HATE PAPERWORK LIKE THIS YOU HAVE TO MAKE SO MANY COPIES AND FAX SO MANY THINGS AND I HATE FAXING THINGS
-I hope not everyone reading this blog thinks I am a very chirpy, shallow, ungrateful person...maybe just some days. Or maybe just on the days I write this blog.
-I have to do studying and work that I'm stressed about. I suppose that is the underlying reason for my said crumbling life.

On the other hand, reasons Why Life Hasn't Totally Crumbled Yet Today
-I bought 2 bananas for breakfast for 50 cents, and it was the best breakfast I've had all week! And I normally don't even like bananas!
-I am now the proud owner of maroon pants.
-I really like my maroon pants.
-I am **if everything works out cross your fingers** going to study abroad in India during winter break!
-There's a new The Mindy Project episode on hulu.
-Being a drama queen on this blog has helped me de-stress about general work (that I shall neglect to mention, because it would simply be a long drone of a list, and everyone has just as much if not more, because it's post-thanksgiving and the world is going to be a stressed place until the end of finals).
You'd think I'd talk more about study abroad...since it's related to college and all...but all I can say is that I'm really excited to go and so thankful that Macaulay has an opportunities fund!

Amirah
PS Ok. My life is not really crumbling, it's fine, I'm just being dramatic and stressed. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment