Sunday, November 11, 2012

Dorm Woes :(

I haven't posted in a while and school is to blame! I've been so swamped with bio and chem that I can barely find a moment to myself, and even then I'm mentally running through the translation process of proteins or antibonding within atoms!

I hope everyone is safe and well after the crazy weather that's been happening here. I'm still trying to find time to get involved in relief efforts, but it has become exponentially harder to do so when most of my free time is now spent on a bus or train or ferry!

I (and everyone else) really miss the dorms. Besides the crazy commute from home (2 hours+), I've been doing alright, but it is completely different now. Studying, which has become a group effort, has once again returned to a single affair. Simple things such as cooking and laundry have become foreign chores, relinquished to my mom as soon as I walked through the door on that fateful weekend before the storm. I dramatized this immensely, but I really really really miss living with my friends the most. Hanging out was such a simple thing. Now plans actually have to be made. I didn't realize how different all our schedules really were until we had to put in an effort to see each other around school.

I have to hand it to commuter students who end up with tons of friends, this isn't some easy task. I really can't wait for the dorms to come back, even with their moldy showers and scary elevators.

No comments:

Post a Comment