Friday, November 2, 2012

hope everyone is okay!

Hey guys,

I hope all my fellow bloggers and readers are safe and sound after the storm!  For those of you who aren't, know that the whole city of New York is behind you as you get back on your feet.
I honestly did not expect that the storm would get as bad as it did…I was so shocked to see places like Breezy Point, Staten Island, and the Jersey Shore.  Walking around my neighborhood, I've seen some pretty bad destruction after Sandy--a house without a roof, houses that have been crushed by massive trees, and fallen trees that pulled up sections of the sidewalk.  But the news coverage continuously reminds me that there is so much worse.
Fallen trees that pulled up a section of the curb.
The mass transit shutdown is definitely something I never expected to see in my lifetime… The current subway map is crazy.  And tunnels, still flooded?  Wow.  Personally, I think the mayor and governor did a pretty good job preparing the city; unfortunately so much of this was just unexpected.  We'll have to see if they continue to deliver in their response.
And has anyone else heard about this storm that's supposed to hit on or around Election Day?? That is the last thing we need right now…it might even impact the elections.  No matter what guys, make sure to get out and vote!  I know it's not everyone's first priority, but it's still important.
So with that, I hope everyone stays safe and healthy this weekend, on the road to recovery.  =]

G.

No comments:

Post a Comment