Wednesday, November 13, 2013

I know when you don't wash your hands.

See thats the thing about communal bathrooms.
I know when you wipe and walk.

And don't think no one recognizes those pink bunny slippers with the bow on the right ear but not on the left because you caught it on the stairs that one time and it ripped off. I recognize them. And I know that you don't wash your hands.

I'm not certain if other students are as bothered by this phenomenon as I am. Even if you don't always wash your hands in your bathroom at home, that's one thing. My little brother doesn't always wash his hands. He'll often run the faucet for a few seconds though to pretend he did, and since I can't see through the door, I just have to trust him. Here, it's public. You just walked. I didn't hear the faucet from my seat and then I heard the door slam. No hand washing.

How can you just walk out knowing that someone on the floor knows how unhygienic you are? And how can you complain about getting sick after that???

When you come to college, and you share a bathroom with 20 other people of your gender, your hygiene habits become public knowledge.

Remember that.

2 comments:

  1. See also: leaving your hair in the shower drain and (ugh) on the walls? More often than not, everyone on the floor knows who it is. Just don't do it. Please. And this goes for more than just hair in the drain. You are living with other people. As a rule, practice some community respect and clean up after yourself. No one else wants to, or should have to, do it for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. See also: having sex in the showers and leaving fluids and condoms/condom wrappers. This is not only disgusting, it's also against Brookdale policy.

    ReplyDelete