Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Adam, the Environment, and Musings

We've had two weeks in a row where we've had an additional two days off. How incredibly awesome is that?
- This past Friday, my Seminar 3 professor divided the class into different groups. Each group will work on a specific project dealing with the effectiveness of conservation efforts by different non-profits and government agencies. I'm excited for this project because it's going to expose me to a field that I have always wanted to learn more about. The class itself is really interesting. Our focus is on environmental philosophy, and our discussions are always thought-provoking. 
- Kinda random: I loved my outfit on Monday. Summer dress + black tights + black boots Win. haha Fall fashion is awesome.
- You know who's cool? Adam Levine. Ahhh. I watch The Voice just so I can stare at his fabulous face. haha. (and also because the contestants are actually pretty good). Anyway, back to Adam. haha. His voice is just so distinctly him, you know? You hear it, and you know it's Adam and another awesome Maroon 5 song. I was just listening to "Wipe Your Eyes". Great song.
- I started watching the fourth season of Mad Men on Monday. Don is his usual complicated awesome self. I was slightly pissed that Jon Hamm did not win an Emmy Sunday night. He's been playing this character for 5 years now. He deserves some recognition!!
- Some thoughts on life (inspired by a conversation):
It's like the older we get, the more confusing things become. We're only in college and it feels like everything has to be decided now and there's a lot of pressure to be and do everything at once. It's overwhelming at times. I think it's really important to sometimes just take a step back from your life and look at the bigger picture. The world is bigger than just you and your problems. Open your eyes and you'll be surprised by how much you see around you. The world is a hard and unfair place. But you can't give up on it all. It's worth it to push through, and if you're unhappy, do something to change your circumstances. Don't wait for something to fall out of the sky and change everything for you. Be the hero of your own life. (cliche as that sounds).

Quote of the week:

Your present circumstances don't determine where you can go; they merely determine where you start. 
~ Nido Qubein 


S.

No comments:

Post a Comment