Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Long weekends, weird weather, and study skills

Hello everyone!!!!

- Welcome back from the long weekend. I hope you all spent it with a nice balance of homework/studying and having fun. I got some stuff done for school and I also got to relax a bit. I've gotten in the habit of taking long walks in the afternoon. It's great exercise and perfect for taking some time for yourself.
- The weather has been sort of weird lately. Some days have been really sunny, breezy, and beautiful. Other days, like yesterday, have been rainy and yucky. haha. I'm just trying to enjoy the last bits of sunshine while it lasts.
- This semester, I'm really trying to improve on my study skills and be more organized. I've been trying to review my lecture notes on a regular basis and not do homework at the last minute. I think it's important to improve on yourself every semester.
- I've started watching Mad Men, which I think is one of the coolest shows ever. I am absolutely in love with Don Draper even though he is incredibly complicated. I admire him for his intelligence, his creativity, and his loyalty. He also always looks really dapper. That helps too.
The women on the show are just as awesome as Don. Joan, Betty, and Peggie all represent different facets of the 1960's woman. The clothes are cool too. Beautiful dresses in gorgeous colors and shapes.
I'm just in love with the show. It raises a lot of interesting questions about both the characters's lives and your own life. I highly recommend it.

Anyway, enough about Don and everyone else. (Scratch that, I could never get enough of them.)

Enjoy the rest of the week. =)

Quote of the week:

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched - they must be felt with the heart. 

~Helen Keller 


S.

No comments:

Post a Comment