Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Natural History Museum, Beginnings, and the Sciences

Hello everyone!!!

Welcome back to college and for the freshmen, welcome to college!! =)
It's the third week of school and so far, the semester has been going well. The workload is not too heavy yet, and it's good to see all of my friends.
I'll give you all a brief recap of my summer:
- I took a summer class entitled German fairytales and I really enjoyed. I learned a lot about how fairytales first emerged and all of the different types of stories that have been told for hundreds of years. My professor, Anne-Katrin Titze, was also an incredibly interesting woman. She was interested in fashion, fairytales, and the environment. Just a very cool person and a very cool class.
- I also did some volunteering at a hospital, which was definitely an enriching experience. I learned a lot about people, in general, and about the medical field.
- In mid-August, I went to the Natural History museum with my mom. The last time I was there, I was really young, and it was cool to go back and see everything from a different perspective.

- Every semester is a chance to start over and be better. I'm excited to learn new things and just challenge myself on every level. College is about thinking in an analytical and deep way. In my second year, I'm further developing the skills to do that.
- It's also been great to see my friends. It's fun to get lunch with them and have all kinds of awesome conservations.
- This semester I'm taking organic chemistry with Dr. Phillips, who is supposed to be a great professor. So far, she has been great and I've learned a lot. It's definitely going to be a challenging class, but I think it'll be a rewarding experience.
- I declared biology as my major last semester, and this semester, I'm delving further into the wonderful world of biology with my cell biology class. Dr. Braziil is a fantastic professor. Very clear and concise. Microbes are pretty cool too. haha

I wish you all a fantastic semester!! =)

Quote of the week:

Life is not so much about beginnings and endings as it is about going on and on and on. It is about muddling through the middle.

~Anna Quindlen

S.

No comments:

Post a Comment