Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hey everyone! I'm Jana, a freshman from Queens who's pre-med but is still really trying to figure out exactly what I want. Hmm, I'm not really sure what else to say about myself, except that I take pictures of almost everything (especially my food)! So yesterday, that is, Monday the 17th, I woke up at 9AM for a bike ride to Central Park. Getting there was easy, except maybe for the annoyed drivers here and there. I forgot how tough those uphills were, so after almost giving up and walking, I finished one loop and decided to head back to Brookdale. Once again, an easy ride back, but I almost got squished between a service car and an Access-A-Ride van but no biggie! 


An afternoon of lonely solace in my room was followed by an evening full of walking, engaging conversations, and culinary adventure-ing. My friend and I decided to walk to Hunter from Brookdale to drop off our Chemistry workshop sheets and our 40 something blocks of walking turned out to be another great bonding session. From there, we walked to 53rd and 6th where I finally tried the famous Halal Guys food truck!

Maybe my Halal radar isn't well tuned, but I didn't find this dish much different from the one I had near my old high school (Townsend Harris). Nonetheless, it was tasty and satisfying, and of course, too much for me to finish.




Now for my favorite part of the day, KUNG FU TEA! Half-sweetened kung fu bubble tea with red beans... I need no further explanation. Let's just say that I will be going down to 10th and 1st quite often for this cold treat. 


Until my next set of culinary photographs, farewell! 

1 comment:

  1. Aahhhhh, Halal Guys!!!!! I've become quite attuned to the taste of the truck by my house, but honestly, Halal Guys is pretty much taste-bud-exploding on a different level. The first time (and only, now that I think about it... that will change soon) I went, I made sure I hadn't eaten for some six hours beforehand but I STILL couldn't finish, haha :( I can't believe you had that much hot sauce on yours, their cart is infamous for having the most tongue-flaming hot sauce ever!

    And hah, I think I might be the only person who doesn't enjoy Kung Fu Tea all that much...? I've been drinking Quickly bubble tea for the last two years, maybe that's why. Kung Fu puts this weird syrupy stuff in theirs and it's almost, like, TOO sweet for me, and there's this strange aftertaste in my mouth and just blegh. And the fact that they don't offer student discounts is more reason for me to trek all the way to Quickly, LOL.

    So looking forward to more food pictures! I enjoy food :3

    ReplyDelete