Thursday, September 20, 2012

你好!

Hi guys! This is kind of late, but I'm Maya! It's pronounced May-uh, like the month with an extra a on the end (even though my own mother pronounced it wrong the other day...). I'm a freshman at Macaulay Hunter, I'm in the Chinese Flagship program and am majoring in Political Science (so basically double majoring in Chinese and Poli-Sci). I've been studying Chinese for six years already, and knew when I was applying for college that I wanted to major in Chinese. I'm British-Chinese, and adopted. I was born in Hong Kong, and since I was five years old I lived in a small town in Westchester County, New York called Larchmont. I went to Mamaroneck High School which is a public high school and has approximately 1600 students so Hunter is kind of gigantic in comparison. I LOVE living in New York City, and it's great getting a dorm because otherwise I would have to commute which would not be fun. This semester I'm taking four classes: the Macaulay Seminar, Chinese 301, Econ 100, and English 220. I'm really enjoying everything so far, but definitely need to buckle down and focus a bit more.

This week was great because we had two days off, so my friends and I (the ones that didn't go home at least) spent it chilling. My friend's birthday was yesterday, so Tuesday we celebrated since we didn't have school. So, for today, I'll just leave you with a picture of his cake and cookie-frosting statue thing that we made him:


No comments:

Post a Comment