Friday, September 21, 2012

Doctor Stuff! + Life problems

For future pre-med kids -

Life gets better after your first chem quiz. It may seem hard taking bio and chem the first year (because it is...) but if you manage your time effectively and study a lot on your own, you will do fine! I was never a super hardcore studier so coming to college really opened my eyes to the fact that you can't just blindly hope your professor will cover everything you need to know. Idealistically, that should be the case, but realistically...nah. So crack open those lovely books, take in the fresh book smell paired with coffee (lol don't drink it but whatever) and highlighter and go crazy!

In other news... I took the express bus from Staten Island (spent the night at home post-birthday to hang out with family, usual stuff) and then took the 6 up to Hunter. The silly thing about buses is that like everyone kind of gets a transportation partner because all the seats are in two. I try to look mean so I can get a seat to myself but it never works. The funny part; I fell asleep on the way in and when I woke up the woman next to me was on my shoulder, out cold. Life problem: How does one wake up a completely random stranger? 

I did some weird shoulder maneuver and successfully avoided an awkward conversation! She kinda just woke up and I stared out the window. 

Second life problem: The train was delayed but I was taking it one stop and really, I was in the city like 45 minutes early so I was kinda just sitting around and taking up space. I was reading the ticker and on it the MTA people used the wrong "there" and it bugged me so much. I'm not a stickler for grammar but it said "their are delays" and it just bothered me.

Enough ramblings for the day! In short, study but take time for little things (like improper tickers in the train stations!)

:)Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment