Sunday, September 16, 2012

hello, world...?

.............sooooo I was just going to start with "I had my first ever cancelled class last Thursday! WOO!", and then I saw this big onslaught of introductions. Guess I'm supposed to introduce myself, then :o


Hey y'all, I'm MJ :D I'm the one with the asymmetrical eyebrows in the middle (this was taken three weeks ago at orientation; they're not so asymmetrical now, hahaha). No, I'm not from the South, I just got to saying "y'all" thanks to my seventh grade Latin teacher and I've since never stopped... long story. I'm originally from the Philippines, and I moved to New York City when I was 8. I actually just read an opinion piece today about how people who weren't actually born in New York shouldn't call themselves New Yorkers... but pft, dude, I've been living here for ten years (ten on the 21st of September, to be exact), I think I deserve to call myself a New Yorker at this point! I think tourists are hilarious, but I get as annoyed as anyone else when the person in front of me isn't walking fast enough. This is New York, dangit, get with it!

Anyway, yeah. My morning class was cancelled on Thursday! Actually, my whole class was waiting in our classroom thinking our professor was being fashionably late, when someone bothered to check Blackboard and discovered that the professor had actually cancelled class because he wasn't feeling well. At least someone checked Blackboard early enough. Wonder what would have happened had we sat there the whole class... though I figure most people would have gotten up and left anyway after half an hour, haha. 

I went up to the 6th floor lounge-place-thing (seriously, what are they called? magnets, HOW DO THEY WORK) in the West building after that to do calc homework. And then an old friend of mine from high school said hi!!! I was legitimately starting to worry that I'd never see him again considering how many people tend to be in Hunter at one time. Except he doesn't have Facebook and I don't have his number so I don't know how I'm supposed to see him again after this... um D: what is efficient socialization??

(No, I'm really normally not this hyper/strange/weird. I've just been blogging for far too much of my life to ever take myself seriously and post like a normal person on the Internet. I like memes, okay.)

Hah, yikes, I have calc homework due in less than half an hour and I'm not done! There's my cue to leave. And maybe turn down the Gangnam Style in the background... 

Dress classy, dance cheesy.

aaaayyyyyy, sexy laydayyyy

» emjay




No comments:

Post a Comment