Sunday, November 2, 2014

My First Post!

Hello everyone!

My name is Katherine, and I am a freshman here at Macaulay Hunter. This is my first blog post here on the Macaulay Hunter Blog, and I’m glad to be here. I really love reading blogs, and I think the idea of the MacBlog for prospective freshmen is absolutely brilliant.

I apologize for not posting on this blog before now. It’s been a stressful first two months of college – but it’s better now (more about that in later posts!).

Anyway, I want to start off by introducing myself! 

Some random facts about me:
  • I am from Queens, and went to a large private high school with a graduating class of 652 people.
  • I’m most definitely a social media junkie. Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Snapchat – you name it, I probably have it. However, I am notorious for deactivating accounts or deleting apps on my phone during midterms and finals – and definitely suggest to others on doing the same! You get so much more done.
  • Eating, shopping, and running are all therapeutic to me.
  • I love going to zoos and aquariums!
  • I am currently an Undeclared major, but am considering majoring in Economics and minoring in Chemistry, or vice-versa.
  •  My hobbies include trying new restaurants, listening to and going to Spoken Word poetry shows, doing makeup and spending endless hours watching YouTube beauty gurus, and reading blogs (Ironic, isn’t it?).
Like most other freshman in the Macaulay Hunter Class of 2018, I live in the Brookdale Residence Hall. It’s free for the first two years with your Macaulay scholarship, guys! I grew up in one of a suburban area of Queens bordering Long Island, so going from an area of green grass, tall trees, and gingerbread-like houses to living in Manhattan was quite a change. The first week of living at Brookdale was sleepless to say the least. No worries though; you get used it. Don’t let that scare you.

As mentioned before, each room here is a single -- and personally, I love that. I actually have more privacy here than I do in my house back in Queens! For me, having a single is awesome. You have the privacy of your own room to sleep in, study in, and take care of (No worrying about smelly or disorganized roommates!), but can easily text your friends who live in the same building as you to come to your room or meet in the dorm. It’s ridiculously convenient.

Here's a shot of my room:


I really enjoy living here. Because we at Macaulay Hunter have guaranteed dorms for the first two years, we have a great sense of community that other campuses may not have. Almost everyone here in our program knows each other. That’s rare, especially in a commuter school.

After my first two months being here, I am proud to say that I made the right college decision in choosing a program that challenges me, has a wonderful support system of advisors, and has a great community.

That’s all for now, and I’ll definitely be updating you all soon on what’s been going on with me! :) 


- Katherine

No comments:

Post a Comment