Monday, February 28, 2011

The past few days have definitely one of those stereotypical incredibly stressful college workload situations. I have my first organic chem test on Thursday, and all anyone seems to be able to talk about in that class lately is how hard our professor's tests supposedly are (an aside, this kind of semi-paranoid discussion about professors is definitely one of my pet peeves), and I just had an abnormal psychology test last week. This was combined with a series of either unavoidable social obligations, making me quickly fall behind in my neuroscience class. That would have been sort of OK except that we have weekly problem sets, and the one due tomorrow was totally kicking my ass since I hadn't had time to study the material sufficiently. Also, this is definitely the most challenging class I've taken so far - which I love about it, but that makes it a bit less compatible with busy schedules and poor time management.

Consequently I stayed up till 1 last night at then woke up again at 7, and have spent all my time in between classes at the library. On the bright side, work is very quiet at my lab, so i'm now situated in my comfy chair at a nice desk next to a giant window (I think having my own space, albeit off campus since I work at the NYU medical center, is one of the biggest benefits of working in a lab) and preparing to hit the chemistry books again.

- Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment