Saturday, February 26, 2011

in need of a little ohm.

so despite all the stress that I'm feeling (tests! quizzes! papers! visits to museums to write these papers! homework! catching up on all the homework I missed from the english 220 class I just switched into!) I dragged my butt to yoga yesterday and warrior I, II and III'ed myself into a little more zen. I was having some really crazy thought drifts during saravasana but it's all good. I think that just means I need to get a little more sleep.

my friend lexi dropped by on her way back to philly from RIT, so we spent the day doing brunch, some shopping, relaxing and catching up. definitely what I needed.

oh, note from above: I just switched into an english 220 class (yes. I know what you're thinking: didn't I miss, uh, a THIRD of the semester??? yes. I did. it is fine though, fret not.) and I am LOVING it. even though I only had it once, it seems like it's going to be fantastic. for one, we are reading shakespeare right now and man do I miss that man's writing. I love shakespeare. I have read so much by him (I think like 8 different plays? and I've seen a bunch too.) and I always get so (weirdly) excited when I read him. like, I can't read it without smiling. is that weird? probably. do I care? nope. oh and we're reading WATCHMEN, THE COMIC BOOK for class. please. the professor seems great, he's such a character and I have the silliest people in my class. like the kid who keeps gesticulating as he hears shakespeare being read aloud. and said "that guy is druuuuuunk" while we were discussing the tempest. I can't stop from laughing. anyway, it's great to be out of mindless english 120. I am so glad. so, so, so glad.

I also got really excited during my art history recitation group...as in, my ta said she wouldn't call on me anymore so that other people could get a chance to talk.

I don't know. I'm getting really excited for school again...maybe just these classes but still. I'm glad that my love is back. I love learning. who knows, maybe it's just the shakespeare that's getting me so pumped.

No comments:

Post a Comment