Thursday, February 3, 2011

Kind of excited for Spring Semester!

I know its February, but this is a habit of mine, and since this is my first post for the Spring Semester, I want to say: Happy New Year!!

I haven't written anything for the past winter break because *drum roll please* I was in Argentina! It was an exciting, amazing, and unforgettable winter semester in Mar del Plata, where I met amazing people, learned many new things about Argentine culture, had a great time, and of course, learned spanish ( and fulfilled my foreign language requirement). I have so much to say about that trip, and most of it, if you guys want to see how that month was, is on my travel blog website : http://macaulay.cuny.edu/eportfolios/agrentinastudyabroad/
I still have to update it, even though I've been back for about 2 weeks now ( internet at the hotel we were staying at wasn't the best).

A word of advice to everyone reading this: study abroad for one semester if you can. It's worth it, its fun, you really learn, you meet great people, and your passport booklet comes back looking a lot more interesting.

Anyways, its back to reality. Spring Semester has finally begun, and I'm pretty excited for it to be honest. I have a really eclectic mix of classes. Well, at least they are eclectic for me, because for the last few terms, I've been focused on taking courses for the Pre-Dental track/ Biology Major. Now, I'm also looking into Environmental Science, so I'm taking Environmental Conservation and Resource Management, Cell Bio 2, Organic Chemistry, Stat, MHC, and a Bio Honors Class.

Instead of scheduling to have Fridays off, which I had done for the past year, I scheduled for Wdnesdays off. I realized that having Fridays off jumpstarts your weekend a day earlier, which always made me feel as if I had all the time in the world to study, and therefore my procrastinating capabilities multiplied, making me a pretty unproductive person over the weekend. As I observed other people's schedules, I saw that having Monday's off forced you to do work, but also gave you a relaxed weekend. But sadly I couldn't get Mondays off, so I settled on Wednesday, the next best bet. And although its only been a week, I have used this Wednesday very productively already.

Now I'm off to getting ready to go to Organic Chemistry Lecture. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment