Saturday, February 12, 2011

Three Day Weekends Hollaa

I think the most interesting thing I can write for this week is how I switched the language on my MacBook Pro from English to Spanish. Why you might ask? Well, I was: a) bored, b) dared to by someone else, c) miss seeing Spanish all over the place, d) thought it would help me learn a little bit more of Spanish each day.

Its pretty interesting to see my top menu bar in Spanish, and the usual command boxes from iPhoto come in Spanish. Fortunately, or unfortunately ( depending on the situation at hand), most of the commands/ blurbs from websites still come in English. Ironically enough, spell check on facebook, and on this blog, come up in Spanish. So, right now everything I am typing is wrong ( I'm seeing red squiggly lines all over the place. This is definitely keeping me on my toes now).

Anyways, I went to pick up my free copy of The Power Broker last week, and cried in my head as I was being handed the copy because of its sheer size. But I gave the book a go a few nights ago, just to see what was in store, and I must say that it is a pretty good read. I actually might read it for fun (gasp!)

Other than that, my week was unremarkable, except for the fact that it ended with a three day weekend. And what's going to be really interesting about this week? Another three day weekend! Yay for presidents.

I just remembered how I commented in my previous post about having Wednesdays off. I am very glad that I have done so, because my schedule is so much more relaxed compared to the schedules I had for previous semesters. Even though I end up interning in the lab that I work in for the whole day, its really stress relieving to just not be in a lecture class, or mentally bogged down in class. And I still somehow get assignments done and out of the way on Wednesday for Thursdays and Fridays.

One last thing, if I haven't mentioned it already- please, go on a study abroad trip at least once during your undergrad years. Especially since we have our opportunity funds at our disposal. It would be a sin almost to not go on one.

No comments:

Post a Comment