Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Hello Hell Week

It isn't here yet, but I can already feel the stress peeling at my inner core. Yup, its the first hell week for me this semester. It's actually not that bad for a few reasons: a) its next week; b) its only 2 exams on the same day and a huge homework assignment. I really shouldn't be complaining I guess, but compared to the easy free flowing weeks I've had up until this point, next week is the closest in semblance to a typical stressful, sleep deprived week of college.

And that's pretty weird, because I'm taking extra credits this semester ( more than the allowed amount at least). Maybe I truly did create a comfortable and relaxing semester. I get at least 6 hours of sleep for 6 out of seven days in the week, which is mind boggling in comparison to the 4 hours I would average per day this time last spring. One huge reason I am getting a lot of sleep in: no organic chemistry lab. Hallelujah. But I will have to face that reality sooner or later. Also, my bad procrastinating habit is not as bad as it used to be; instead of procrastinating by going on facebook, let's say, I'll procrastinate now by doing work for another class instead of the class I need to do work for at the moment.

Anyways, enough with the self study habits reflection. I love how Hunter switches up the days of the week for us because we didn't have classes yesterday. My mind is not going to get used to the fact that I have classes tomorrow, a day I normally have off. What's amazing about having a Monday schedule on Wednesday is that I'll have two days of Organic Chem. Back.to.back. Again, life could be worse, but it's definitely something I am not looking forward to.

I'm not sure if I have mentioned this before, but each week, once a week, a few friends and I try a new different restaurant.We feel that after a year of living in the city, we should have already expanded our knowledge of the gastronomical aspects of the city a lot. Sadly, this isn't the case. So to make up for our lack of expertise in all things digestible, we're trying to try different cuisines that won't break the bank at around lunch time once a week. We've already tried Thai and Korean, but we're kinda having a brain fart as to what to try next. If anyone has any suggestions ( if anyone is even reading this!) feel free to leave a comment as to where I should dine at next!


1 comment: