Wednesday, February 16, 2011

It's a beautiful day in the city, most of which I spent in my lab alternating between working and studying. I've been fortunate enough to have Wednesdays off almost every semester of my undergraduate career, and I really enjoy it; it lends a nice symmetry to my week. Although I've been somewhat in denial about school starting, it's all starting to get very real now that I've actually handed in some homework and have a test coming up next week, and the material being covered in my classes is definitely getting more interesting as well. Both my organic chem lecture and my physiology of the nervous system classes have been really interesting and engaging lately, and I'm definitely enjoying both.

On the other hand, I've spent an unjustified amount of time this week going back in forth in my debate about whether to drop one of my classes; it's a class on education which I was just taking because it sounded fun and interesting, but the class format just isn't a great fit for my personality. I've never dropped a class before though, and I kind of don't want to start now. Tomorrow is the last day to drop a class without getting a W on one's transcript so I'll have to decide soon.

I got my official acceptance letter today from the Goldsmith Scholars program at Macalulay, a workshop type program for sophomores and juniors planning to apply to graduate school and for scholarships/fellowships. I'm looking forward to the four meetings planned for that, most of which I think will focus on personal statement writing. It should be fun, and it's always good to practice these skills. On a related note, just a couple more weeks to go before the winners of the Goldwater Scholarship are announced, and I've been getting increasingly excited. Hunter nominated 4 students this year and I really think all of us are strong candidates, so the chances of another Hunter winner are looking good.

- Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment