Tuesday, November 17, 2009

I'M DONE WITH MY RESEARCH PAPER!

Had to brag about it somewhere, this seemed like the spot. 12 pages arguing that Hawthorne made the fate of Hester Prynne's daughter deliberately ambiguous at the end of The Scarlet Letter because she was so closely based on his own daughter that to specify what happens to her would mean to confront his own mixed feelings about the radical feminist revolution proposed by Hester. Incidentally, wrote it while trying out the free demo version of Scrivener, which may be the bestest word-processing program ever. Perfect for research papers because you can import PDFs, notes, etc and have them all there to look at. No page-layout features, though, so I found it best to export to MS Word for printing. Anyway, for what it's worth, I recommend it. And if you're struggling with writer's block, consider Write Or Die, which does all sorts of amusing things if you don't keep typing.

In other news, Hunter's inimitable Bursar's Office sent me a bill for my dorm room. I must now figure out how to explain to them that I don't actually have to pay for it, thank you very much. Fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment