Thursday, November 12, 2009

Good morning everyone! TGIT! (I love not having Friday classes). Today I'm up early to meet with my history professor and show him my preliminary work on my term paper about the ERA. Then I have History, German, a nice long lunch break, and Acting. Tonight I'll be going to see Curse of a Starving Class at Hunter for my CHC (aka Macaulay Honors Seminar) Art's in New York. Yesterday I actually had my CHC class, and my professor brought in some amazing opera singers to perform for us personally, which was pretty cool to say the least. Then I went to an event at Macaulay - a panel discussion on "Reading in the Digital Age" which was also pretty cool. There weren't that many Macaulay kids there (most events are Macaulay students only, this was one of those exceptions), so I ended up talking to someone in the publishing business during the "cocktails" before the actual panel discussion. Who knows, maybe that contact will come in handy someday. Macaulay is always hosting interesting events; on Monday I'm going to a dinner discussion about the economy with Sy Sternberg, who did a similar event on health care earlier in the year that I went to. Even if none of these events sound like they'd appeal to you, there's tons more - if you want to see a sampling, click here.

Anyway, enough Macaulay plugs, I'm off to school :)
ttfn

No comments:

Post a Comment