Tuesday, September 27, 2011

It's okay...

I'm a perfectionist by nature. It's both my best and worst quality but I wear it proudly regardless. Ever since kindergarten I've been coloring between the lines better than my peers and I always felt compelled to uphold that. Throughout high school I was the studier, the go getter, the grade grabber. One wrong on a test meant that I failed to master the material in full & that was a disappointment in and of itself. Now I know everyone isn't like that, but for the handful that are...
It's okay to NOT do well every so often.
Granted, you feel horrible at the time, but you later look back and realize that the little things, the little points, the half a credit you stress over, is just not worth it.
I look back at my four years of high school and realize that my nervous breakdown over my one and only 84 in English was a complete waste of time.
I've always been so used to being in competition with myself, but I've come to realize that the difference between people who are where they want to be and people who are looking to get somewhere, is not by the quarter of a point on a test but by their overall growth in knowledge & maturity. By getting something wrong, you get the chance to learn it a second time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment