Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Falling into Place


Hi, I am Danielle Gold and I finally feel like I've settled into my sophomore yeat.

Summer vacation went rather fast. My Birthright trip to Israel was absolutely amazing and is a must do if your a Jewish college student. With others from CUNY Hillels, Ihiked, ate and visited a variety of cultural and religious sites. The people there were so amazing. The people were equally cool at my internship at the New-York Historical Society. The hours were long but the diversity of the projects made my 40 hours per week fly by. I can't wait until the museum reopens on 11-11-11. I hope some of my classmates will come with me - its free with our Cultural Passport. My summer online oceanography class was a big commitment on top of my internship, but it made my science requirement a breeze (hehe). My fall semester classes started just days after my summer class finished.


I continue to overextend myself in an attempt to feel active. Yet, in contrast, the first week and a half of school has gone like molasses, washed down by a tropical storm. It feels like months since my family and dragged my new green bedspread and prints up to my tenth floor dorm. (I'm in the same room I was in last year. Hit me up if you haven't already done so :) It wasn't long after that I had to leave the dorm for LI because of Hurricane Irene. I had to go to my aunts, because my family home was in a flood zone. We lost power for a little under a week, although I returned to the dorm Monday morning. Classes have been mostly review of the syllabi and a few readings, yet they kept me from fully attended Macaulay at Hunter's Sophmore reception and the Seminar 3 launch event. I did get to declare my Media Studies major before Labor Day Weekend, which was a four day break for me. It was a good four days filled with ice cream and challah and chinese food and movies and believe-it-or-not unicycles. Perhaps, as much downtime as summer. I feel as though I've fully moved into (aka made a mess of) the dorm and I'm ready for the work to begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment