Sunday, September 18, 2011

a Mind iz a terible thingy 2oo waist

i furgot how 2 rite n spel good. Hellp????

Okay, please don't click away from the blog to buy me hooked on phonics yet. That was a bit of an exaggeration. But as I procrastinate on a paper and reflect on the weekend, I will admit that I've probably killed more brain cells than I should. It's all thanks to national television and great city of New York.

On Thursday night, technically Friday at midnight, I attended the 10th Season Family Guy Launch event with a friend from high school who is a recent transfer to John Jay. We saw 3 episodes on a East Village movie theater screen, two of which were from the upcoming season and receive limited edition t-shits. Highlights included extreme reactions to entries in the trivia contest after it became apparent by his pronunciations that the radio dj was not familiar with the show he was promoting, the people we befriended on line including a girl who did not know what a garlic knot was and seeing the follow show segment on a huge screen:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-snfaG2JH8&feature=related
(Disneyified Family Guy)


I also attended later on Friday, with a different friend, a two-episode taping of the Jeremy Kyle show after taking a hint from the posters that can be found on the main Hunter Campus and Brookdale. It's a British tabloid talk show, in its first season in the US. It would not be a stretch to compare it to Maury or Jerry Springer. And we were in the center of the front row, maybe 5 or 6 feet away from the action. It was really awkward being so close in proximity to these extreme characters, especially after one threw a chair. I felt horrible being amused by their misfortune and stupidity. It was more real than I expected. On the bright side, I know for a fact that the camera guy got some wonderful footage of my friend and I applauding after it was found that the doctor miscalculated the start of a women's pregnancy and that the paternity test proved she and her boyfriend had the family they always wanted. Also, it was probably the most fun $25 bucks I have EVER made.

Still, by Saturday morning, I was not very intellectual and engaging in risky behaviors like using my Groupon for heated yoga. I had regressed to the level of my childhood and found myself paying $18 to rewatching the first movie I saw in theaters (The Lion King) IN 3D. Hopefully, I will get myself back to peak mental strength, so I can have this much fun again next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment