Monday, September 26, 2011

No living man am I!

Hello there, everyone! I'm Kerishma, and I'm happy to announce that I've just joined the MacBlogging team. I'm a sophomore here at Macaulay-Hunter, and one of those fluffy, frou-frou humanities majors (literature and gender studies, most likely) - and proud of it!

Currently, I'm taking five classes: MHC 200: Science and Technology in NYC; Spanish 342: Intro to Hispanic Literature, Part 2; Women & Gender Studies 200.52: Intro to LGBTQI Studies; Women & Gender Studies 201: Classics in Feminist Thought; and English 320: Multiethnic American Literature. I'm liking my classes well enough so far, some more than others. A lot of them have a pretty heavy reading load, and keeping up with that is one of my biggest issues. Kids: don't procrastinate reading for class! It piles up and then the night before the midterm you'll be scrambling to read it all, and, who knows, maybe you will read it all, but you will be miserable. I know this because I have done it almost every semester (you'd think I'd learn by now).

I also serve as a Sophomore Senator on the Hunter Undergraduate Student Government. I was a Freshman Senator last year, and I really enjoy my time there. You should stop by the office every now and again (HN 121), we have water, coffee, hot chocolate, and tea all available for free! Also, we're a bunch of pretty cool cats and just like to meet the students of Hunter.

I suppose I should tell you more about myself as a person. I live in the Brookdale dorms, but I spent the first seventeen years of my life on Long Island. I'm an ardent soccer fan - I actually just went to Red Bull Arena and watched the NY Red Bulls kick butt against the Portland Timbers on Saturday; we may actually make the playoffs! - and support Liverpool Football Club in the English Premier League, and the New York Red Bulls in Major League Soccer. One thing I love as much as soccer is reading - although the amount of lit and reading-intensive classes I take often keep me from doing as much pleasure reading as I would like (I just finished Bossypants by Tina Fey a few days ago though. Go read it. You'd be doing a disservice to yourself if you don't). I love, love, love television and film, and it often distracts me from actual work I have to do. Netflix has not helped. (Although the deplorable Internet at the dorms recently has) From the title you can correctly guess that I'm a Lord of the Rings fan - and then correctly infer that I'm into a lot of the typical "nerd" fandoms (though I don't really like saying that they're "nerdy," per se): Harry Potter, Doctor Who, Star Wars, etc etc.

Oh, wow. Well, this is a bit tl;dr, isn't it? I'll wrap this up.

It was nice meeting you all! Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment