Tuesday, September 27, 2011

There's Nothing Like a 5 Day Weekend

Today is Tuesday, and miraculously, my last day of classes for the week! I went into this week knowing it would soon be over, and honestly, that helped me so much to stay on top of things. That, and the fact that I have my first Bio exam next week (eek!).

Yesterday, I was able to clean my dorm room, do my laundry, go grocery shopping, cook an actual dinner, call my mom, and get all of my work done. Usually the thought of having to do all of that is a bit daunting, especially because I am still getting to used to living in the dorms and fending for myself.

And today? Well, after my 9 AM Chemistry lecture, I headed to Hunter's gym (which is pretty awesome if you manage to go when it isn't too crowded), and then had a lovely walk up 5th Avenue to the Met. I have to write a paper for my MHC seminar comparing two sculptures, so I decided to take advantage of my 5 hour break and my Cultural Passport and go see them again. Sometimes I still can't believe that I am able to go to school within walking distance of some of the finest institutions in the world. How many people can say that?

No comments:

Post a Comment