Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Settling In.

This semester is definitely going to be a busy one! All five of my classes, which are all art history and sociology courses for my majors, have an immense amount of reading and work. But, I do find all the classes really intriguing. That's the good part! =)

I am continuing my research assistantship at the Roosevelt Institute of Public Policy at Hunter College and also adding some weekly volunteer work at United Cerebral Palsy (which I have done on and off since Sophomore year) and one other place I have not figured out yet for one of my classes. I am also trying to contact my freshmen year English professor, whom I love, and start volunteering for bone marrow drive for DKMS Americas one again. I volunteered freshmen year and loved it! I have somewhat drifted away from volunteer work and would like to get back into it so that I can help people, but also perhaps get references from the organizations in the future. I have always been someone more interested in volunteering and helping at events than being part of a club. I don't know why. However, that said, although I am not continuing my efforts to start the sociology club (just not enough time), I am pouring energy into a new honors society at Hunter called NSCS to develop a volunteer or community service program for Hunter students who will be members.

Unfortunately, I have to go to work (and get some coffee). But stay tuned for my thoughts on the future coming soon! Hope everyone has a good week. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment