Sunday, May 26, 2013

Summer Plans

A bunch of kids (including myself) from the Chinese Flagship program at Hunter will be going to Taiwan this summer to study Chinese for eight weeks! I’m super excited for so many reasons, but for now I have nine more days to relax at home before I’m thrown into another fast-paced city, but this time the majority of the population doesn’t speak English. (Don’t get me wrong, I thrive in this kind of environment.)

Obviously besides for the whole intensive Chinese classes and immersion thing, along with being with and making new friends, the Flagship program has covered my tuition, housing and airfare! Because I reached a certain level of speaking on an oral exam, I was funded with quite a large chunk of cash.  Basically, all the money I actually need to pay is pocket cash. I mean, it’s still a lot, but nothing compared to tuition and airfare.

I don’t really know that much about the program besides for that we’ll be getting a ton of homework, but I know we’re all going to have a great time regardless.

After the program ends, many of my fellow students in Taiwan will be traveling around that part of the world for a bit, but I’ll be headed back home, even if it’s not for long. Since my family hasn’t gone away together in quite a long time, and also practically free college and study abroad, I’ll be going on a family vacation to London and Paris! I’ve never been to either city, or either country, so I’m excited. (And thankfully both of my parents know French.)


By time I get back to the U. S. of A., it’ll be time to move all my stuff back into brookdale and start my fall sophomore semester, which is pretty scary to think about how fast freshman year went. 

No comments:

Post a Comment