Friday, May 31, 2013

My One True Love Enrico, How To Be A Cool Cat, Zurich, Gloria, & Scrubs

I am furtively typing this. You see, I am solidly aware that I recently posted, and there's probably some unspoken rule about not excessively posting on this blog, but I am currently hiding from my 15 page research paper in shame and ran out of internet website distractions until I remembered this favorite blog of mine. (*Only blog of mine. But still my favorite)
******Why do I have a paper and school is out? The injustice, I tell you

Organized List of Points I am Making In This Blog Because I Don't Want To Ramble Too Much

-Can't write paper/Am horrifically unprepared to travel: No one is awake in my family, reasonably so because it is 2 AM but I am hunched over writing this because I know I must get back to my paper but I just feel unable to do so. If I take 20 minute breaks for every 10 minutes of writing...will I finish on time before I leave for Spain?

-My Alter Ego is Mild Mannered Gloria: Which brings us to another point. I am flying out on Saturday. I have not packed!! (However I did buy a wide-brimmed white sun hat and I am excitedly planning to wear it with a black maxi dress at some point in Spain. Since it lends me character I may also decide to adopt a new and mysterious persona while wearing this hat. I feel like my name should be something flowy while wearing the hat. Like Gloria. Will update blog on adventures as mild-mannered, hat-wearing alter-ego of mine, Gloria. Maybe Gloria will be bold enough to wear cool, different, fashionable clothing that regular Amirah is too chicken to wear. Might I also interject (in my own paragraph, no doubt- but isn't interject a lovely word?) to say that I have found myself wearing hoops 24/7 as of late. Usually Latina Amirah emerges during the summer, at the point when I've lost all my handy stud earrings and resort to wearing hoops all the time since they're the only earrings I have left. I spontaneously begin wearing red lipstick, and black and red attire all the time once the hoops emerge. Also, it is at this time that my hair begins to revel in it's full blown glory by blowing up and being wildly bush-like all the time. I would go into more details but seeing as I previously have dedicated entries to my hair, I figure I've exhausted that topic of my being.  I didn't expect my latina self to emerge so soon, but how appropriate seeing as I am going to Spain!) (Sorry, I say latina because people often tell me I look very latina in the whole getup. It's true)

-What I Did Today: Being the cool cat that I am, I woke up bright and fresh this morning and promptly got in the car (I can driiive I can dr-i-veeee) (Most people don't really believe me. I just look like the kind of person who would be a bad driver. I'm not though. I'm an okay driver. I look like a terrible one though. Such are my ways). I then started up the engine and put on "Your Man" by Josh Turner and blasted it through my open windows for the entire ride to the library, while chortling to myself and also singing along happily. I had a great time. I'm sure that people's thoughts must have been, "Who is that cool cat cruising around town playing that awesome country song on her way to the library?" (It was me)

-A Slightly Embarrassing Story That I For Some Reason Am Okay With Blabbing Here: Enrico is my one true love. He has brilliant, flashing hazel eyes, a swoon-inducing smile, and a ravishing accent in addition to some truly fabulously floppy hair. He came into my life because I did not attend prom with a date.
(Cue panel of dimly-lit room with shocked high schoolers interviewing me:
Shocked Teens: "gasp! Amirah! Were you truly so unattractive?"
Amirah: "Why, no, is it truly so socially unacceptable to just go with a group of friends?"
Shocked Teens: *nod*
Amirah: "I wasn't pining for anyone in my culturally un-diverse school at the time, and didn't even think about a date, really. I would've had to dance with them. They could've been icky, boring, and ..intellectually un-stimulating. Imagine the horror!"
Shocked Teens: *shock at socially unacceptable ways* )

Anyway, I got tired of people asking me who I was going with, so naturally I decided to make up a fictional date. Thus, Enrico was born! My aunt said something about a prom date, so I told her that a foreign exchange student named Enrico was taking me, and in addition to his previously described hotness, we had met atop the empire state building (despite the fact that in my fictional story we attended the same school anyhow.) I said it rather dramatically, as is my fashion, but I think she somewhat believed me. Background of his name: I meant to say "Enrique" due to my slightly unhealthy Enrique Iglesias obsession at the time, but I talked too fast and said Enrico (not an issue, because in the Peaches book series, Enrico had been pretty hot and all.) This story spread like wildfire throughout my family (sigh, just kidding, I spread the story when people asked me, because clearly I had nothing better to do and no better entertainment for myself) and I eventually even told like, the dentists' office when they asked me (which brings us to: why the heck did my dentist's office ask me who I was going to prom with? What is this, Stars Hollow?!). And anyway some people actually believed me (if I told the story with a straighter face than usual, that was) and Enrico entered my life and stayed there. Whenever I have to discuss the status of boys in my life Enrico usually makes an appearance. So it would be hilarious if he actually did make a real-life appearance. I would die. If I met someone named Enrico I would be thinking "mwahahah little do you know that you and I have had an epic romance for the past three years," and then internally I would waggle my eyebrows at him creepily. I would really want to tell him, but that would be awkward and scary if I'd just met him. And it would imply that I liked him or something. Imagine if someone came up to you and were like, "Hey I know we just met but I made up a story about a girl I loved and her name was *insert your name* and your name is that name, ok yeah"
.....

Zurich: In Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge, which is my favorite movie in the world, Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol fall in love while traveling across Europe through vague study abroad programs while in college. I am going to travel across Europe via a vague study abroad program while in college! Would you look at that! (Okay darnit it's not vague. It's a specific program. But go with me here)
She's running to catch the train (O Eurorail Gods, do throw me a bone and let me find myself in some sort of similar situation where I meet the guy of my dreams as he helps me catch my train. Please do not let me meet cute guys from Taken. Thank you.) and he sees her running. Being the sly debonair that he is, he extends his hand and the camera zooms in on their meaningful hand grasp (that sounds terribly un-romantic. Hand shake? No, it wasn't a shake. Hand touch? Eurgh. What is this!) and helps her climb aboard the train. They end up getting lost together and he annoys her and she annoys him but of course they end up falling madly in love and at one point they are in Zurich while getting to know one another, and therefore I, Amirah Yasin, am now going to Zurich. That was the point of this entire roundabout story, yes. Sorry. (Watch the movie though! She has an arranged marriage with a man she's never met! Whatever will Raj do to save his true love? *Note: not "save" her as in rescue her but to save his love. Like, the intangible love, not her as his true love. Though she is also that. These words are used interchangeably way too much.)


 Being in your 20's: I've noticed that everything exciting (marriage/having first kid/graduating/drama in general/life changing things) in my parents, uncles and aunts' lives seemed to happen in their 20s. I just wanted to say that here. I'm sad I'm so close to entering it, I'm going to be 19 pretty soon. !!!!!! I feel like it'll be over before I know it.

Scrubs: Scrubs is awesome. Why didn't I watch it before in life?

OK. I have taken a sufficiently long enough break to warrant paper-writing to commence.
Don't get heatstroke everyone!
Amirah

No comments:

Post a Comment