Thursday, May 23, 2013

Almost There!

With one somewhat overdue final paper left to do, I’m almost done. I just recently bombed my Chinese speaking portion of the final because one, I got the one topic I literally hated the most, and two, I barely have a voice. Chinese is a tonal language, so me sounding like a super raspy Lindsey Lohan who just swallowed a blender full of sandpaper couldn’t help. Oh well.

I lost my voice around last Friday night and it’s just starting to come back, but my voice was the least of my worries. Sunday night, obviously, my body decided to catch some kind of nasty bug for the first time all semester.  I mean, staying up all night and day isn’t too good for your body to begin with, but when you’re desperately sick, can’t breathe and hallucinating a little, it’s just the icing on the cake.

Luckily my room was loaded with healthy snacks packed with vitamin c, tons of tea, about sixty boxes of tissues and enough decongestants to sink a ship, so I somehow survived these past few days. Barely.

One problem about staying up all the time is, strangely enough, taking naps. I almost missed two finals because I slept though all seven alarms I set. Once you fall asleep, you never want to get back up, which is horrible. Thank god my body somehow knew I had tests that I couldn’t retake for any reason whatsoever, so I made it on time to take them, but I didn’t prepare as well as I would have liked.

My advice for anyone is to get as much of everything done before hand as you can. (Yeah, I know, it's a lot harder than it sounds, especially being a wonderful procrastinator, but I really need to start doing things earlier.) I pulled an all-nighter Monday night because I had to finish writing my final English paper. But I’m an idiot, because I had two weeks to finish it, so I spent all night writing a stupid paper while I could have been studying for my English and Calculus finals the next day. (I hate English class, if you couldn’t tell.)

I have also accomplished the feat of passing out on three different library floors at Hunter, four different floors of Hunter west, along with during one of my finals. I can’t wait to hibernate, that is until my mother drives in early tomorrow to help move stuff out of the dorm. Joy. 


I feel like I've been closed off from the world for a while now, so I’m excited to see all my friends tonight, start exercising again and, mostly, getting my eating and sleeping habits back on track! That is, until I head off to Taiwan to further mess my bodily habits up, but I can't really complain. 

No comments:

Post a Comment