Monday, May 13, 2013

On Eating Pixy Stix For Breakfast

I am eating pixy stix for breakfast. I just wanted everyone to know, for this is hopefully a judge-free environment. Also, because I moved out most of my stuff already (moving out early is beneficial, except for the whole "I-have-no-fridge-and-therefore-no-food-and-my-floor-kitchen's-fridge-is-untrustworthy-bc-my-cheese-and-cookie-dough-already-got-stolen" issue), I am a little lacking in food. I am also drinking some average green tea that I, sadly, feel ambivalent towards. This morning I returned to the dorms and was wearing a large men's sweater with some fuzzy periwinkle pants with hearts on them. And I think I looked like death, albeit a fuzzy-friendly sort of death. I always wonder what the security guards think of me, for thankfully when I return to the dorms at 6 AM on Monday mornings (my dad gives me a ride on his way to work), they are unusually nice to me. It suspiciously reeks of pity for the bedraggled looking girl that I am when they see me.

Currently, I have no regular bum pants, and it would be out of the question for me to consider wearing regular pants like jeans around the dorms, so I am wearing my second most comfy pants after sweatpants, which, oddly enough, are my flared-black dress pants. Combined with my (pixy-dust dotted) Macaulay t-shirt, a cardigan of questionable length, and one earring, I am fairly sure that with this outfit I could take over the world. Or at least finals.

The only reason I would ever wish for it to be finals week more than once a semester is because a) I am allowed to do socially unacceptable things and they become socially acceptable for the one week b) See eating pixy stix for breakfast and wearing 1 earring c) I eat the most ratchet of all foods. And insomnia cookies a lot. And generally feel dehydrated. But people laugh more often than not during this week, express joy at the silliest things, bond well, and have terrible hair. I love when people have terrible hair. It lends a person character, doncha think?

And, for the ones who don't deactivate facebook, well, my news feed is funnier than usual during this time, with the BEST time-wasting links. Quality links, people, serious quality. If I may, I'd like to just give a shoutout to buzzfeed right now while I'm on the topic, because buzzfeed is the best with these kinds of links.

Because I need to make a list, I am going to do it here, randomly:
Things I Need To Do To Not Fail Finals and Ruin My Life and Future Career And GPA
-Finish the last 10 chapters of Microbiology (7 DAYS TO DO THIS?!?!0
-Read 4 chapters of Anatomy (T-MINUS 8 DAYS)
-Frantically memorize lab test questions for practicuum (tomorrow lol. yolo)
-Memorize 200 of anatomy lab quiz questions for today (yoloyoloyolo)
-Get 95s on everything to salvage my grades

Alright. Off to finish off my pixy stix. pc out

Amirah
PS - Ode to My Stolen Cheese (*can be sung to tune of woeful love melody)

I am eating pixy stix
for breakfast because my other plans for food was nixed.
Also bc I right now I am kind of yolo.
But also because my beloved shredded cheese for $3 at D'Agostinos
Was taken.
Never again to be used in my bakin'.
I never thought this day would come
When my cheese was gone and I was numb
But come it has, and I will fess
That I am heartbrokenly left to be cheese-less.
I will never forget you, Wisconsin Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Not to my dying day, even with my last wheeze
I will enact revenge on whoever took you
And ate your delicious dairy-filled shreds like a foo'.

No comments:

Post a Comment