Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waitressing, Fake-Demolishing Finals, Things That Sound Good To Me, and Candy Center Ice Creams

Whoa, so I finished my finals guyzzz!!!! ~~~
I powered through somehow on bagels, and coffee, skittles and soda. Gotta love them good eating habits! I also totally lived off my friends' kindness sometimes. I owe people some food. Oh also FYI the ice cream vending machine is working. I am sad that I am moving out tomorrow otherwise I would have made full use of this knowledge. Candy center ice cream all the way!

How were my finals, you ask?
Well, I personally like to imagine that my pencils, while bubbling in answers, were really scorching those test papers to ashes and that I emerged from the Exam Lecture Halls of Doom in a blaze of glory, with the doors falling away behind me in all my heavenly finals-liberation state. I also imagine that while taking my exams, I emitted such a fiery glow of superior knowledge on the subjects that even my professors dared not to approach me in all of my academic glory. I do not think this happened, however. Rather I believe that I nervously scratched away at answers and bit my nails and bitterly reflected how my professors came up with their devilish questions as I tried to second-guess myself. Especially on the tricky ones. Really, Janette, really?

I haven't eaten or slept well in a while, but I haven't got an appetite. So I'm really hungry, but nothing sounds good to me. Food-wise that is. A lot of other things sound good to me though, like:
-watching arrested development (everyone watches it; i'm behind on pop culture, it's killing me)
-going running again
-watching gilmore girls
-not reflecting on the fact that lauren graham was in union square's barnes and noble and i didn't go because i had class
-reading Quintana of Charyn (slightly obscure Australian fantasy series, though probably one of my favorite series in life ever), and starting on my massive life-long book list
-my sister's upcoming sweet 16!

I have to emcee this ^ event, and I haven't got a dress, and it's a guyanese party so...well, a lot of family and extended family is coming, and I have to do a good job while looking not reprehensible, and look, sometimes that's hard for me to accomplish. Since I've made this blog overly personal I'm sure I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Other critical news of the day: I want to be a waitress. My friend reminded me of this life-long aspiration of mine.  Someone, help me be a waitress. And yes. It is because in my head it sounds like a romantic sort of job.
I can see it all now. Like, oh hello celebrity dining at the upper-class restaurant I work at, what can I do for you today? Oh, you'd like one of those fancy salad items I can't pronounce? Sure! And, what? Oh, you want to date me  too because you find my charm irresistibly adorable? [alternative to this if it is someone like dakota fanning that i see: oh? your older brother wants to date me randomly? (am aware she might not have said older brother)] But of course! Lemon water, anyone?

Just kidding. I mostly want to be one because I would seriously have a BALL if my job were talking and being really friendly to strangers. Because normally I want to talk to strangers (wow the creepiness level has just shot off the graph) and be all "your hair is awesome!" or "I love your shirt! Based on this shirt I bet you love the same TV shows I do! We probably have a similar sense of humor! Let's be friends!" "Hey cute NYU guy at Trader Joe's! I wish it were socially acceptable to chat to you about the similar bread we are buying, instead of you finding me weird!"or "Hey student next to me in line! I can totally relate to the conversation you're having with your friend right now, but it's awkward to interject so I won't!"
Plus people at restaurants love nice waitresses. I would be a really nice waitress, guys. And I would even crack jokes at every table I went to. Not even for the tips. Because I love cracking jokes to people.  Also I feel like waitresses wear red lipstick and it might be part of the uniform. I enjoy red lipstick.

Now, because I feel obligated to write school-relevant things here: summer! If you're a to-be student at MHC, utilize your summers effectively. Seriously. If you're chill with relaxing and reading and watching TV shows, dooo it. If you realize that your summers will be tied up in years to come, study abroad early in the game. OUR TIME IS ACTUALLY PRECIOUS THOUGH!
Look at internships, jobs, and summer classes. Take fun/interesting classes in the summer if you can!
I am going to study abroad in Spain for the month, so my dreams of being in Europe are actually...happening...?!?!
My best friend from high school is also going to Europe for a school seminar, so we'll be in Europe at the same time, and while we have no plans yet, we could totally channel the sisterhood of the traveling pants and hit up Greece or something. Kostos where you at homeboy?

Anyway, I have a 15 page paper awaiting me, so ta-ta!
Good luck for the rest of the week!

Amirah


No comments:

Post a Comment