Tuesday, December 11, 2012

One Down

Finals are upon us! Most of my friends seem to have their English final at some point this week, and I had mine yesterday. It was an in-class essay, on 2 texts (one of our choice, one not of our choice) that had to do with challenging conventional ways of thinking about gender and/or marriage. I'm not quite sure how I did, but I hope that I got my thesis across and that I do well. I've been doing quite well in that class all semester, and it would be a shame to not do as well on the final. It is English 220, and I'm so happy that I placed out of 120 and into this class because it was definitely one of my favourite classes this semester.

However, I still have two finals and one final paper for my other three classes. The two finals are in Econ 100 and Chinese 301, and the paper is for my MHC 100 class. I'm a little nervous about my Econ final since I've mostly been teaching myself in that class, however I did pretty well on the two midterms and on the homework assignments during the semester, so I'm hoping for the best. For Chinese, I just really need to study well and since we're using all the rest of our classes, tutoring, and extra sessions to review I think I'll be alright. For MHC 100 my final 10 page research paper I am writing on the musical Wicked which I am really excited about, I just need to sit down and finish the paper so that I can get the rough draft in this week, and the final paper in on time next week.

I've actually really enjoyed this semester's classes, looking back now. Although each class has had its struggles and negative aspects, in the end, even Econ was not too awful. Now I'm just looking forward to getting through these next two weeks, and then enjoying the December part of winter break. In January I have to attend about 50 hours of Chinese tutoring, so that'll be... fun. I'm also quite looking forward to next semester's schedule which includes MHC Seminar the Peopling of NY, Chinese (oh my gosh, Geography of China taught in all Chinese, I might die), Classical Mythology, Political Science (finally; this semester I wasn't even taking any poli-sci which I should have since that's what I want to second major in), and Spanish. I'm starting a new language next semester, and hope to start Arabic next fall, so wish me good luck!

And best of luck to everyone who has finals and final projects/papers!

No comments:

Post a Comment