Wednesday, December 19, 2012

G U Y S WE'RE ALMOST FREEEEE

GUYS
GUYS
G U Y S
ITS POST-FINALS-PRE-CHRISTMAS-AKA THE MAGICAL TIME IN BETWEEN TO RELAX AND CATCH UP ON FUN THINGS!!!!!! (For me at least.)
I am currently at my brother's apartment in the Bronx. I just spent a fun (...not even being sarcastic here though, that's what's funny...or sad, depending on how you look at it) coupla hours vacuuming, laundering, folding, bed making, and dish washing! And let me tell you. It was INVIGORATING, people. Invigorating. I got to blast Kelly Clarkson and the bee gees and whatever random upbeat tunes I had in my head and dance like a maniac (said brother is not home currently MWAHAH while basically gives me a permit to dance wildly in the entire apartment). 
Other Things This Week:
-Best times to sing loudly/passionately: 
1. When the train is leaving the station, it's pretty loud, so no one can hear you too well if you sing at a normal level. Everytime I do this (every day..) I do a mini-evil laugh inside at my cleverness. 
2. When you are vacuuming, because the overall noise just makes you sound awesomer than you actually are.
3. When in the shower. Of course. But seriously, the sound in there is amazing. The water practically adds a magical overtune to your voice. Even if you have a terrible, scratchy, loud voice, the shower's *magic powers~~** will make it all go away. In other news, my debut album will be recorded in the shower.
4. Just kidding. I will likely never release a debut album.
5. Anyway, shower, songs, obviously our next topic here should be about what songs are best to sing in the shower. Personally, I like me some power-house diva kind of tunes. "Listen" is a good one...these days I've been singing "Faithfully" and "I dreamed a dream". The latter is very hard to sing...not that I have been practicing faithfully. (Ha-ha. That sentence can be accurately interpreted literally and figuratively. God, this is what my blog is about, my life is sad, ok, moving on)
Once you get over your perhaps initial shock that it's finals week and I'm sitting here calmly discussing my shower-singing, continue reading on!
-Finals Week:
Will people hate me if I say there are parts of finals week I secretly love? When else can you see EVERYONE bedraggled, generally fitting the description of GROSS, and overall hassled, ugly, mean, cold, sleep-deprived...?! Never! Except for finals week!
I don't enjoy that haha, seeing as I am one of dem uglies (if you ever spot me during finals week...just don't talk to me. Or talk to me, but be warned that I'll look hideous, and I'll likely spout random things at you, or yell them), but it brings a sense of..unity..that you don't get elsewhere, because ERRYONES CRAZYYY during finals week.
But back to what I love about it- I just love that everyone is sleep-deprived and acting somewhat crazy. We use caps lock incessantly on facebook statuses (and in this post, it appears), freak out, meltdown, cry, yell, sleep, sob, collapse...and say or do crazy people things. It's hilarious. Every year so far, I've only eaten some random bit of food on the day of all my exams. Last year it was a handful of cheerios, and a clementine. This year it was a bag of cheetos. The adrenaline gets me through the day, I guess? Luckily though, my anatomy finals this year were not cumulative...they were on neurons!! And neurons are awesome!! And supa-interesting!! The rest of my classes weren't bad either. 
And now, I'm making to-do lists, making people CDs, trying to buy things on amazon, wrapping gifts, planning out my shopping, procrastinating on applying for something life changing that I'm going to procrastinate further about by not even discussing what it is (yes...I am sooo mysterious aren't I), making playlists, figuring out what I have to do to travel to India...focusing on everything but important things, basically.
-Random Other Stuff:  (does anyone read this, for that is the question! I think I subconsciously assume that no one does, and therefore feel free to write nonsense as usual)
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8BpcO4K9ao : I hate studying, but I look forward to studying and listening to music!! Of course, during finals week I had to actually buckle down and therefore could not listen to my usual songs, but allowed myself to listen to instrumental/classical music!! ....And then got incredibly distracted due to a disease I like to call Excessive Youtube Syndrome. However, I now have an updated list of movies I'd like to watch (I like to listen to movie soundtracks...and therefore ended up clicking on a lot of movie-related links)!! 
The link is just some soundtracks from a few movies. 
-What do I pack to go to India arghhh. My mother is a little worried about me going...especially since this week I took a bus in the wrong direction and had to walk a good mile and a half to civilization in a dead end area, and took the wrong route (walking) to my dad's workplace that I go to every two weeks...?!?!?!! Is that possible?!!??! How will I survive in a foreign country?!
Alright this post has gone on long enough and the rambling must end. 
Everyone have a great winter break, sleep after finals, and appreciate your loved ones.
Happy Holidays.
Amirah







No comments:

Post a Comment