Friday, December 14, 2012

Tragedy, O, Winter Plans

Hello everyone.

- I can't believe what happened today in Connecticut. This is insanity. These kinds of shootings have happened too often in the last few years. It's not right. 20 kids died for no reason. My thoughts and prayers are with those families in Connecticut who lost so much today. May they find peace.
- I took my first final this week. It was an in-class essay for English 220. It went well. Now I have four more finals to take. Sigh. This is probably the last English class that I'll take in college. It was a fantastic class, and I highly recommend Professor Brown. On the last day of the class, we watched part of the movie O. It's a modern adaptation of Othello. It's definitely a slightly cheesy movie, but it was nice to just take a break from worrying about finals.
- In exactly one week, I will be done with finals, and I'll be able to have a little break from all of this stress. I'm planning on taking a winter class called "History of Broadcasting". It's going to be my first time taking a media class. I'm looking forward to it. It should be a nice break from all of the science stuff.
- I've also been planning what I'm going to do over winter break. I'm looking forward to going out a bit and enjoying the city. I also can't wait to read books again! haha. I feel like there's never time to read for pleasure during the semester.

Good luck to you all! We can do this.

S.

Quote of the week:
“There is a saying in Tibetan, 'Tragedy should be utilized as a source of strength.'
No matter what sort of difficulties, how painful experience is, if we lose our hope, that's our real disaster.” ― Dalai Lama XIV

No comments:

Post a Comment