Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Christmas from Westchester!

Just checking in to say Happy Christmas to those of you who celebrate! To those who don't, happy holidays! I'm currently just relaxing in my living room with my family, presents, Christmas tree, and dead fire. It's been a pretty good Christmas, and I'm really glad that the semester was able to end on a high note (back in the dorms, finals went pretty well, finished all my work before leaving for home) followed by such a nice, relaxing few days up until now.

I've gotten two grades back already and I'm really happy with myself. It was actually quite a nice little present to wake up to this morning to my grade for my MHC seminar class. I know everyone's been working really hard this past semester, and I hope it pays off for everyone else as well.

Later this week I'm heading back into the city, to stay at the dorms for a night, and then it's off to Maine for a trip with some of the friends I've made so far at Hunter! I'm so excited for the trip and I know everyone else who is going is too. We're staying with one friend who is from Maine, and going up by Megabus so hopefully the snow won't stop us! We'll be up there for New Years, which is pretty fun because I've never done anything other than stay at home or go to a friend's house for New Years. I'm sure it'll give me lots to talk about too.

Right now, anyway, I'm just looking forward to going to see Les Mis tomorrow with my parents and then going to Maine. These days of relaxation are really needed since I'll have to be going back to school the first week in January for tutoring in Chinese. That won't be too fun, but at least it's only in the mornings so I'll be able to see my friends who are still home from uni before the next semester starts up.

With everything said, I'll leave you with well wishes for the new year and a (pretty bad) picture of my Christmas tree! So Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!



1 comment:

  1. Maya, you said Happy Christmas. I love you and all your British mannerisms!

    ReplyDelete