Monday, December 24, 2012

Birthday Lights

Well, this is a bit overdue since my birthday was about a week or two ago but it's one surprise I'd like to share :)

I wasn't planning on having my birthday known to just about the world, or even friends. It's just I don't like to make a big deal about it. Of course, one of my friends would've busted out the secret but I love her anyways. At the end of the day (it was one of my long days), I walked went back to the dorms alone, which I thought strange because I usually travel as a group with friends. I had a feeling something was up.

We had a feast for dinner, everyone pitching in a little something. My friends didn't think they were making it obvious, but it was hard not to tell with a friend just randomly petting my head so I would stay put. They bought me two cakes both very chocolaty. That was "surprise" number 1. After we stuffed our faces with cake, one of my friends asked to see my room key. When she didn't give it back right away and was sort of jingling it under the table, I knew again that they were going to do something to my room. She returned them without my room key.

They insisted on going to my room, even the ones who've never been to my room. When I opened the door a little, I saw a light glow. I was pretty sure I had turned off all the lights. I opened the door all the way and found Christmas lights hanging over my bed! My room was alive now!

No ones ever given me a surprise before because I always insisted on not making my birthday a big thing. This was the first time and I will never forget it.

No comments:

Post a Comment