Saturday, December 29, 2012

Reflect

It is the end of another year and I'm taking plenty of time to reflect.

I am now halfway through my junior year at Hunter College. So much time has passed and so much has been accomplished. I've experienced many things in the last two and a half years. 

I think from time to time all of us get a little wrapped up in our "paths." What do we envision ourselves to be working towards, to be doing in our daily lives? Are the futures we may be creating the ones we want for ourselves? Now is the perfect opportunity to question yourself "Am I working towards what I really want?" "Does my life, in all of its facets, reflect who I am on the inside and who I want to become?" "Am I enjoying my life as much right now as I plan to in the near and far future?" Clear goals aren't so necessary sometimes. It is more important to know you are happy than to know you will be a doctor.

All are great things to think about. The journey should be as sustaining and rich as the destination. With all of that, I hope the whole Macaulay Hunter community (and everyone else in the world) will ring in the new year on a good note. 

Michael. 

No comments:

Post a Comment