Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sleepiness, Science, and a Piano

Ahhh...a Saturday autumn morning in NYC. Colorful leaves, crisp air, nice sunshine. =)

This week was definitely one of my toughest because of the bio and chem tests on Thursday and Friday.

All of the pre-med students were having a tough time balancing studying for chem and bio and doing work for our other classes as well. I basically spent the entire week reading my bio textbook and looking at powerpoint slides for chem. I read on the train, in the library, and at home. It was a huge pain, but there is no way to do well on these kinds of tests without reading the text multiple times.
Being a college student is definitely not easy. But in those moments when I'm studying and just want to give up and do something else, I focus on the fact if I put in the work now, I will benefit later. I've learned that focus and determination are the basis of success in college.

An hour after my bio test, I went to my Arts in NYC professor's piano recital at Lang Recital Hall.
After being under such pressure before the bio test, it was nice to just sit and listen to my professor play the piano. He was absolutely amazing. His passion for the piano and for music was palpable in the air. It was so inspiring to watch someone do something they love. I can only hope that I will be half as happy when I'm working in the medical field as he is playing the piano.

Have a great weekend, everyone!!!


S.

No comments:

Post a Comment