Saturday, November 5, 2011

Two tests, a stuffed pig, and Union Square

Hi, everyone.
It's a Saturday night, and I'm grateful that I don't have to be up early tomorrow. During the weekdays, it's so hard to get up in the mornings so I try to get some extra sleep over the weekend.
Some things from this week:
On Tuesday, I went to Union Square during my break. I just wanted to explore the neighborhood a bit and check out some stores. It's a nice area, but different from the Upper East Side. It's cool how one island can have so many types of places and people in it.
Wednesday was the Majors Fair. I'm glad I went because I got some good brochures and info from the different departments. Each table was offering candy so I probably consumed a lot of sugar that day. But oh well. Chocolate is GOOD. =p
Thursday, I handed in my paper for Poli Sci. I can honestly say that I've learned a lot from Professor Polsky. For most people, politics is a big headache, but college is all about opening your mind. It's important to be aware of what's going on in the world.
Friday is my short day, so I went to chemistry and then got to go home and relax. 
I have two tests next week--chem and bio. Studying is going to be tough, but I'll get through it. (hopefully!)

Just a thought about college friends for prospective students:
I've heard a lot of people say that they found their life friends in college. I've only been in college for just over two months, but I've already met some great people. The important thing is to be open to all kinds of people. A simple "Hello,  My name is _____. What's yours?" can be the start of a great friendship. Friendships are not built overnight. It's important to nurture and put effort into every friendship. Okay, I'm done with my little lecture now. =)

I was in a store with my mom today, when I noticed the cutest stuffed pig. I immediately turned into a five year old and asked my mom if I could buy it. My mom thought I was joking and started to laugh. But when I started to walk towards the cashier, she realized I was serious. =p
She couldn't stop laughing. I realize I'm eighteen years old, but stuffed animals still make my heart melt. So I bought the cute little pig. She's now the love of my life. =p (I think my mom has fallen in love too!)

Talk to you soon!

S. (and my little piggy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment