Saturday, November 19, 2011

Ballet, Thanksgiving

I can't believe Thanksgiving is next week. The semester really did fly by.
I'm definitely excited for next week's mini vacation. I think all of us college students need the break.

Sunday, I went to City Center to see a performance by the American Ballet Theatre with my Arts in NYC class. It was absolutely amazing! The dancers were so talented, and the choreography was complex and meaningful. It was interesting to see how a choreographer translates music to movement. Besides seeing The Nutcracker in elementary school, I really haven't seen a professional ballet performance before so it was another new experience for me. This seminar has exposed me to a bunch of cool art forms, and I'm grateful for that.

I had a relatively peaceful week filled with the usual homework, reading, eating, and sleeping. =p
I did have a Poli Sci test on Thursday, but that wasn't as stressful as having those wonderful bio and chem tests.

In honor of Thanksgiving, here is a list of some things that I'm grateful for this year (in no particular order):

-Life (Because being alive is the ultimate gift)
-Family (Because they are my support system)
-Friends (For making me laugh and for their support)
-College (Because it opens my mind to what's out there)
-Macaulay (Because I get to go to college for free and be a part of a really cool community of students and faculty)
-sunsets, full moons, the ocean, music, and laughter

What are you grateful for this Thanksgiving?


Have a wonderful Thanksgiving everyone!

 S.

No comments:

Post a Comment