Thursday, November 3, 2011

Internships!

What a crazy month! I can't believe October is already over. Time really flies during the fall semester. All my finals are finally done, but I'm already swamped with work. Halloween weekend was a nice break because most of my friends were also celebrating the end of midterms and we got to spend the weekend together. I'm feeling especially overwhelmed because of my internship. It wasn't so difficult to keep up with school and the internship in the beginning of the semester, but now I have a lot of homework and not enough time to finish it.
I work at VizLingo, LLC, an online social media startup company located in Gramercy (conveniently!) I am a linguistics intern. VizLingo is a website dedicated to creating the first online visual language. As we build our database of video clips, (we have 30,000+) we are able to represent more words and phrases through videos. I am responsible for editing the tags and creating queries of all the words in the database. Most of the internship involves data entry, but interns are also able to contribute ideas as to how to represent obscure words ("as," "for," "from," etc.)
Tomorrow is the Macaulay Internship fair. I'll be returning to let you all know how it goes!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment