Monday, November 7, 2011

Sleep Habits Die Hard...

So it's a little before 9AM Monday morning, and one of my classes has already finished for the day. Considering that I somehow managed to ignore my alarm (while it was directly under my head) for an hour, I missed the class (and the midterm). Thankfully, this isn't one of those "my life is SO over" moments because the lowest midterm gets dropped, but it would've been nice to know my lowest midterm was, let's say a 90, rather than a 0.

Probably one of the most important things I've learned in college is that if there is a way for me to avoid getting up in the morning, I definitely will. Thankfully, Hunter is usually really good with programming afternoon and evening classes that fit my schedule and sleepiness, but this class would've taken up 5 hours of scheduling time if any later than now, and interfered with classes in which going to lecture was actually important. (This is a BIG hint about college: Plan all classes which require you to go to lecture/labs regularly at times when you will absolutely make it. No one really goes to lectures where you don't need or have to be present.)

Here's to a productive new week (the joy is mostly because midterms are now over for another 3 weeks)!

No comments:

Post a Comment