Monday, November 14, 2011

Go to the Met!

Hey everyone!


I just came back from a huge dinner at Thai NY, a great restaurant by the dorms (28th and 3rd). I met up with a couple of friends from high school for our annual thai dinner (we're all so busy during the year and they're not studying in new york, so we always set aside a day to do what we do best-eat!) It was so filling that all I want to do right now is pass out on my bed. Unfortunately, I still have a few pages to translate for my Latin class. Mondays are tough. 


This weekend was good, though! I spent most of it sleeping and watching episodes of American Horror Story. On Saturday I went to a karaoke place downtown for a friend's birthday. On Friday I went to the Met to see the new galleries for Islamic art. They are a MUST see! Everything is just beautiful. So many cultures are represented and the galleries cover a large time span. You can really get a sense of how profoundly Islam has shaped the visual traditions of the cultures. Plus, if you go on a Friday night, there is food and wine (for those 21+) as well as music until fairly late at night for a museum (9pm). So I do recommend you stop by the Met soon to check it out. We DO have a cultural passport!


Well, its 10pm right now and I don't really know what time I'll be getting to sleep, but I think its fair to say that I won't be getting much of it for the next few days. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!!!


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment