Monday, November 1, 2010

back to the mondays.

after a nice long weekend of revelry, camaraderie, dancing and fun (also known as halloweekend) the mondays have set in. I did student admissions for all 4 years of high school and was asked a while back to come in and help out in a panel for parents of prospective 8th graders. the e-mail said, "can you come in at 8:30?" so naturally I'm thinking "8:30pm because all open houses are at night." nope. I got a follow up e-mail this week going "sounds great! see you at 8:30am on Nov. 1st, the panel will begin at 9am & will be done by 9:25am." hold up. 8:30am? that means leaving by, like, 7:35am. I was not a happy camper. I haven't been up that early for anything since college started. bad news bears. naturally I overslept and was surprisingly on schedule until I didn't take the m31 because I thought it would take me the wrong place. eh, wrong. it would have taken me to very much the right place. rats. so I stumbled into my high school at 8:57am and bolted for the elevators to the library. luckily, I made it just in time and all was well. panel went very well (I miss student admissions!) and I saw all my teacher friends that I miss all the time. I even saw my little brother for a few minutes just to say hi.

then, presentation in anthro. went very well! I like presentations -- they're easy to steer and people usually participate if there are interesting questions posed. after a lot of really bad presentations this year (it mainly felt like people were talking with the professor one-on-one in front of the class. awkward.) this one went well and the professor told others to use our discussion as a model for the rest of the presentations. nice.

lunch date with the crew which was nice because eric wasn't around for the parties this weekend. then bought bus tickets to cornell for this weekend to visit the boy and the brother (uh, it's snowing at cornell, hello winter coat.) and psych until 4. hit the gym for a little bit afterwards and now home in my nice toasty warm bed wearing all flannel clothing. the only thing better would be a little heat. goodbye october (which really felt like it never happened), hello november (month of thanksgiving and cold). it is time for a new chunky knit winter hat and scarf. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment