Sunday, November 14, 2010

so long sweet weekend.

since my aunt was driving up to cornell this weekend I figured I might as well hitch a ride and enjoy ithaca one last time until, well, a really long time. I expected the cold...nope. it was a gorgeous weekend in ithaca (as, I'm assuming, it was in the city too). with thanksgiving around the corner -- literally only 2 weeks away I cannot wait -- and not much work to be done this weekend I was more than happy to kick out of town despite friends' complaints. visiting cornell always reminds me of how different it is to go to macaulay. #1., we really have a lot less work (or maybe that's just me?) than cornellians. I'm not complaining. #2., not having a campus seriously changes things #3., it's weird that if there isn't a frat party going on or another organized event, there isn't much going on in ithaca, ny, and #4., the social life starts so EARLY there. I guess they all need to get to bed early to wake up and study? seriously, not very much like macaulay.

being there definitely makes me appreciate having the city & betsy's weekly list of freebies. we don't have frat parties, silly (but that doesn't mean that other colleges don't!) so we make our own fun. much better. real college is nice for a visit, but not for actual attendance. and if I had as much work as the cornellians, I would not be a happy camper.

and now coming home to real life -- studying on the bus for my psych test tomorrow, reading some anthro, working on somethin' small for the snapshot exhibit, maybe writing a review for mhc and napping. I definitely just took a mini nap and drooled a little bit in public. embarrassing.

really really excited for thanksgiving (if you didn't quite catch that from earlier)...not quite sure why we have class the day before thanksgiving but whatever (might be skippin' out, I don't think I'll miss too much or be the only one missing) and now, to find the perfect pie to bake...

No comments:

Post a Comment