Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas is Long Gone, and Here Comes Boxing Day!

My response to Christmas? "Meh..." I wasn't really feeling the holiday spirit this year 'round. And the lack of the said spirit brought me to wonder about this "Boxing Day" that is celebrate in oh, just about every country outside the United States that celebrates Christmas. For those interested. In any event, whilst wondering about Boxing Day, my mind also tinkered with the idea of why American class a sport that hardly involves any footwork as "football"! Just why? Why would you name a sport with such a contradictory name, and not to mention, go against the accepted naming scheme that is present worldwide. Hmph... If you haven't figured it out, I am talking about "soccer." I love and enjoy the sport, and dare I call it my favorite?! Yea, it is my favorite. If you ever see or meet me, invite me to play football (American term - soccer). So, yea. Christmas was not all it's cracked up to be, and some football* would have definitely made it better. Nevertheless, on the bright side of things, I'll be off for several weeks (no winter classes), so that means more posting on here to burn time. Haha. Speaking of time, look at the time... I think I should head to bed.

Night, All.

*America's soccer equivalent.

No comments:

Post a Comment