Tuesday, December 8, 2009

This is the end...

A note to fellow overachievers: 18 credits is not fun during finals week. I have so much to do before I can breathe on December 19th, but at least my CHC professor extended the final paper deadline to the 18th, as opposed to it being due on the 10th. So perfect.

To do, still:
  • Finish CHC video for Macaulay presentation tomorrow. This is pretty fun, actually. For this seminar, we had a choice between doing a poster project and creating a pseudo-documentary on the topic of our choice. My group is creating a video about the steam system in New York City and options for making it more sustainable, namely the utilization of cogeneration technologies. I'll post a link to the video when it inevitably makes it's debut on youtube.
  • Statistics analytical project - decidedly less fun - due Thursday (yikes).
  • Jane Austen take home final for Friday. FYI, fellow literature enthusiasts, Professor Davis is a great teacher and is totally adorable.
  • Jane Austen final paper due December 18 (double yikes).
  • Fiction portfolio due Friday (almost finished, though - maybe a quarter-yike)
  • CHC Final report due December 18.
  • German Final on December 17 (Ich habe keine Angst.)
  • Stats Final on December 14 (Ich habe nur ein bisschen Angst.)

I had my Literature and Film final yesterday. I think I did pretty well - it definitely payed to put a lot of work in during the semester, since I didn't have to cram or read any sparknotes before the final. The test was exhausting, though - 3 essays in 2 and a half hours. It was like taking an AP test, except less stringent. One of the things I love about college classes is that, if you have to go to the bathroom for any reason during a class, you just get up, go, and come back. No passes, no asking "can you hold it?" no being treated like children. Just take care of your business like an adult. Freaking awesome. Even during my final, I just quietly got up and came back 5 minutes later, and everything was perfectly fine.

If Macaulay offers Lit and Film again, I totally recommend it. Professor Lattin is brilliant and really fun to work with, and the works we studied were really great: Henry V (Shakespeare), Frankenstein (Shelley), Turn of the Screw (James), The Hour of the Star (Lispector), Heart of Darkness (Conrad), and Beloved (Morrison). I just thought it was very enriching - a great, stimulating class.

I should probably get back to my pile of work. Egh.

-Katharine

No comments:

Post a Comment